Thursday, March 29, 2012

DIY: Pastel tie dye!

Being incredibly inspired by the previous mood board along with various lines, I decided to try my own pastel/neon/spring/70'spsychedelic/rainbow look...........

INSPIRO







I found this white Chaser shirt on sale at Urban Outfitters for $10 and I figured it needed a little sprucing up... so I got a tie dye kit and looked up some tutorials on youtube! The key to making to tie dye pastel is to dilute the dye a ton! 



I took my shirt, (which is not 100% cotton, but it still worked anyway) wet it down, spiraled it into a design and wrapped rubber bands around it. I then took my dye and added about a 1/16 tsp of dye into a squirt bottle full of warm water. I used Blue then pink then green then yellow. I chose what they call a bulls eye design for the dye pattern, but the possibilities are endless!! I let the shirt sit in a plastic bag for 24 hours, then unwrapped it and washed it! Here are some youtube tutorials that helped me...


And here is the end product! I LOVE it!






TRY THIS SHIT






4 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! Love it, thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, they fail to make a statement most of the time that leads to a low self esteem. It also creates a clash of thoughts between them and their friends that may lead to jealousy factor and as a result ruin their relationship with friends. Maria B Eid Collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this! We are going to try this in my preschool tomorrow with beach towels. We do tie dye each year at youaremysunshinepreschool.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog