Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NYFW 2011: Top trends even us 'civilians' can enjoy

Fall trends seem to stay the same every year. Haven't you noticed? I have a "Teen People" from 1998 that showcases the same exact trends that I got out of New York Fashion Week for fall/winter 2011.
-velvet
-fur
-lace
-ponchos/parkas
-platforms
...
Of course, I wasn't cool enough to actually sit amongst the (most random!) celebrities and view these fashions with my own eyes, but I've done some extensive research. These 5 trends are pretty much my top 5 fashion go-to's in everyday life anyway... so basically I liked what I saw! 
BUT 
There were a few stand out designers that took fall looks and threw in surprises, which I think I dug even more than going with the norm! For example, Jeremy Scott (duh): Andy Warhol goes to a rave and/or comic convention dressed like a Japanese Harajuku girl. Loved it! 




Marc Jacobs created this 1940's-ish, turn of the century-ish, futuristic uniform. I know none of that goes together, but oh did it go together. sleek and sexy, and I loved the mixed textures. 


Lastly, Diane Von Furstenberg must've been day dreaming of her glory days as a disco queen. Pure 70's glam with surprising textiles and accessories. 




A little break down.
disappointing? Alexander Wang! which broke my heart
always amazing? Marc Jacobs
my personal fav? Theyskens theory



And for dessert: the best shoes of NYFW fall 2011:

JS put out all furry or metallic mary jane platforms!

Theyskens alien like boots

Theyskens platform wedge pointy toe electric blue velvet. whoa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog