Friday, December 3, 2010

IN/OUT: Who's doin' it right? Who's drowning?

The late 90's, early 2000's (mainly 1999 and 2000) was a interesting year for fashion.








This weird, akward mini-mini-era when Usher filled the radio and teen drama/comedies like; "You Drive Me Crazy" and "She's All That" were 'PHAT', so were Britney Spears, Christina Aguilaria and Mischa Barton! These ladies flourished... but now.......... not so much. I hate doing this to these lovely ladies, but your time is over, please pass the torch, make room for REAL style icons. I'm sick of seeing Christina's orange skin, Britney's nasty weave and Mischa's... well just Mischa in general. This segment is called IN/OUT. 



And as for the IN girls? The IT girls? The most recent style icons that everyone is swooning over?

Rumi Neely- model, blog-fashiontoast
Olivia Palmero- socialite, model, actress- "The City"
Blake Lively- actress- "Gossip Girl" which I have never seen
(disclaimer- Now Blake Lively is on the list, and remain on the list, unless I find evidence that she has a stylist. As of now, she claims she doesn't....)

I mean, obviously there's Kate Moss, the Olsen twins, Chloe Sevigny, Kristin Reiter, Lady Gaga, Caroline Blomst, Gwen Stefani, and many others! But I feel these three ladies are the most eclectic and relatable style icons of 2010! I keep hearing people call Beyonce, Taylor swift, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Vanessa Hudgens and Katy Perry style icons. C'mon people. If you have a 24/7 stylist, you can't be a style icon. Even if your personal style doesn't exactly match these three icons, even my own style is much more dark than theirs, we can still pull from the rules they teach us. Some of the things I've learned? Mix and match! Edgy with feminine. Ripped jean shorts with tights, a belt OVER a jacket, boxy on top, tight and fitted on the bottom. Anything is possible as long as it works. 

Before leaving, I do have to mention that I too once had an angora argyle sweater and a silver metallic hat from Contempo Casual. !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog